Saturday 1 December 2012

Goodbye to an old friend


As human beings we all have to experience loss at certain points throughout our long lives. And today I am sad to say my farewells to an old friend.

Goodbye to my old Breville kettle, he made possible the brewing of many tasty beverages, his ability to boil 1.7 litres of water in under 5 minutes provided the main ingredient for all of my lunchtime quickie instant meals, he steamed up my kitchen windows during the winter months. We spent hours nursing him better when he suffered from a furry bottom. And finally he leaked and ruined my worktop... yet he will be sadly missed.

Oh well, NEW KETTLE TIME WOOHOO!!!





2 comments:

  1. You didn't take long to replace him!!! Aaw poor kettle. Love the labels- leak, loss, sad, silly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks for noticing!

    I'm always trying to remind myself to add labels to every post, I'm sure I completely forgot to do so on some of the earlier blog entries.

    If I can get a few daft placed in that section for each one, it just makes everything that little bit more stupid, which can only be a good thing! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I bloomin' love looking at your comments, please go ahead and leave me something to read and chortle over!