Thursday 6 December 2012

Feathery!



Another Thursday, 6 days into December, 21. 18 days, 6 hours until Santa brings us all tonnes of presents! AAARGH all too exciting!!!

I decided to go for something a bit more challenging today, and rather than doing my usual bright solid blocks of colour technique, instead opted to do a feathery soft looking illustration of a wee birdy. The feathering effect is one that I learned from this rather amazing tutorial <--(click it go on!), so if you use Adobe Illustrator definitely give this one a go!

My inspiration was the small female blackbird that landed in my snowy garden this morning looking for food, I always wish that I could invite the garden birds in for a brew and a couple of bourbons, sadly they usually fly away when I suggest it, hmph, never mind!

Anyway! It is   STILL SNOWING   out there! It is freezing cold! I helped a feller this morning who fell off  of his bike because of the ice in our street, so please folks be bloomin' careful out there!!!

Wrap up warm, and make sure you are feeding the birdies at this time of year!

See you tomorrow? Yeah probably ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I bloomin' love looking at your comments, please go ahead and leave me something to read and chortle over!