Wednesday 20 March 2013

Rear Window

An illustrated perception of the view from my home in West Yorkshire. Overlooking green hills and houses on top of steep hills.

Well it took me a little longer than I would have liked, but here it is, as I promised. A more colourful and some might say atmospherically lighter doodle (than the previous few).

It is a slightly modified version of the view from my office (dining room table if I'm being totally honest). You can't quite capture the depth of the real view by drawing it with 2d vectors and flat colours, but I didn't want to create a photographic reproduction. After all if that were the case I'd have taken a photo!

I was going to add more detail but felt that I didn't want to saturate the picture with too many features. For me this was an exercise in depth, layering and scale. There is very little going on in the way of perspective, I'll save that for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I bloomin' love looking at your comments, please go ahead and leave me something to read and chortle over!