Friday 1 March 2013

Butterfly Sunset

Butterflies, sunset, grassy, twilight, evening, summer, sillhouette

Good day to you all!

Today's artwork was entirely inspired by the beautiful weather which has been warming up the UK (albeit by one or two degrees C) for the past few days.

I love summer evenings, the grassy scent in the air, the occasional waft of a BBQ cooking bangers, the late nights, and the warmth. I can tell you all that attempting to spend an evening outside after a sunny winter Yorkshire day, definitely does not reflect these feelings, but it did make me yearn for them!

So it took me a while to put this image together, it is one my most complex Photoshop creations to date using no less than 36 layers, but I feel it was truly worth the effort! Experimentation with blur effects and various brush techniques have paid off, and I really love looking at this picture. Makes me feel very relaxed indeed!

I hope that you all have superb weekends! I've got a lot of web designing to crack on with, so it's going to be a busy (but productive) one I feel!

2 comments:

  1. This i fab. i long for these sort of evenings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick's Dad! Me too! Perhaps we can get our garden in to the sort of state that will make it possible to enjoy these evenings! At the moment it looks more like the Yorkshire Rainforest!

    ReplyDelete

I bloomin' love looking at your comments, please go ahead and leave me something to read and chortle over!