Friday 14 June 2013

INVADERS!

A space invader character, revamped with shiny textures and a colourful spacey background
Click the pic to BIGGIFY it!

AARGH!

An INVADER! Possibly from space?

With a rather exciting E3 coming to a close, and some amazing announcements having been made, I decided to draw something based on one of my favourite activities...YES!!! Playing video games!!!

Well I've been meaning to draw one of these for a while now, was just trying to think of a way of doing it and making it interesting, and watching videos of next gen gorgeousness this week inspired me to revamp this classic anti hero character!

Using adobe Illustrator, firstly I created a flat vector image by drawing out large solid coloured squares (over-sized pixels), and created the classic Space Invader shape. Then using the 3D bevel tools I turned the flat object into a 3D Vector shape.

I transferred this over to Photoshop where I applied all sorts of texture magic and lighting effects. And here you have it!

I love video games, I grew up with them and they continue to be an inventive and artistic influence on my life.

Right! Have a great weekend everyone!
Peace Love And Pixels
Your friendly neighbourhood DoodleNick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I bloomin' love looking at your comments, please go ahead and leave me something to read and chortle over!